View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Royisgone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
The thing I hate about the officiating is that it just doesn't make any sense the way they call games. You have to be consistent throughout the game, otherwise it puts one of the teams at a disadvantage. What I'm really getting at is how they put away the whistles in the third period.

Let's think about this. During the third period, generally the team that's behind is going to spend more time in the offensive zone pressuring the play. The leading team is more likely to commit penalties. If you put away the whistles just for the third period, you are biasing the game against the team that is trying to tie it.
Which is part of the reason why almost all teams in the league, every year, have unbelievable win percentages when leading going into the 3rd.

The officiating in the NHL is BY FAR the worst among major league sports in N. America. Always has been.

That's not why we lost tonight. Our PP is garbage anyway.

We got beaten by a much better team.

And something no one on here is talking about tonight is just how much we missed Ehrhoff tonight.

That guy is a horse; he gets a ton of minutes, is a great, fast skater, and is reasonably big. In fact, if there was 1 skater (non goalie) I would protect with a magic wand and make "injury proof" for a playoff run it would be him.

When he is on he makes this team "go" in many ways.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote