View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Meatwagon
Blues=Overrated

vCash: 2556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
Portland's next round opponent (Kamloops) took a major blow this week as it was announced that their captain, Chase Schaber, would miss the remainder of the playoffs after injuring his leg.

Schaber is the heart and soul of the Blazers, and is their offensive leader ... this definitely opens up the chance for Rattie and the Hawks in the next round.

Tri City also advanced in their series, and are awaiting the winner of the Spokane/Vancouver series to find out who they'll match up against. I'm a firm believer that whoever comes out of this Spokane/Vancouver series may have the upper hand on their opponent in the next round - Tri City swept out an Everett team that really had no business even being in the playoffs, whereas these two teams have really battled it out for the first four games, with the series tied at two apiece. Also, they boast two of the winningest coaches in WHL history - with Don Hay (556 wins, 3rd all-time) leading the Giants, and Don Nachbaur (513, 6th) leading the Chiefs.

So, my point is, the road for the Hawks (and Rattie) will be a difficult one, no matter who they face.
Thanks for posting.

I appreciate your input on Rattie and his progress in the WHL.

Nice to hear it from someone who gets to see him first hand.

Meatwagon is offline   Reply With Quote