View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 10:42 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Okay so I've been corrected. He's a second liner on a playoff team. Do we not lack second line wingers? And what did we receive for him? Dustin Boyd and Dan Ellis. It's a wasted asset. If all you want to do is nitpick then replace Sergei with Ribeiro. A first line center on a potential playoff team. It's not even that I like these players or want these players on our team. It's that we gave them away for nothing
How far are we going back now? I agree I was just as angry as you when Streit, Koivu, Souray, Grabovski etc were allowed to leave for sweet **** all because for one reason or another those were bad moves. But I can't bring myself to be angry about losing Lapierre, Lats, D'agostini or SKost because teams all over the league ditch players like them every year.

There comes a point where you just have to move on and since gainey/gauthier is gone now is a pretty good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Player A scores 10 goals in 4 games in the AHL.
Media + fans = PUSH HIM! NHL NOW! HE'S READY!
Player A is -2 and no points in 5 games in the NHL.
Media + fans = BUST! Trade him!
Player A is traded.
Player A gets the proper development before jumping to the NHL, with no pressure from media or fans.
Player A jumps to the NHL after a year or two.
Player A succeeds.
Media + fans = Our management sucks! FIRE EVERYONE!
If managment is listening to the fans/media for advice on how to develop players they should be fired because they are incompetent.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote