View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 11:32 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
No clue on this one - - but I am getting into buying NCAA game worn jerseys because they are very hard to get.

I have a game worn Goloubef Wisconsin jersey that I can get. It is expensive, but these NCAA jerseys are.

Should I pull the trigger? I know, how much?

$750.
College and/or junior jerseys are really, really tough, IMO, and the opportunity to get one you like doesn't come around often.

That said, $750 is a chunk of change, particularly for a guy who's never played an NHL game. On the surface, it seems very high, but as you said, these are tough to get. The thing you have to consider I suppose is how much demand there really is and if you had to, could you recover what you put into it...and, is that even important to you. When you think of that, and how much you want it, you should have a gut feeling and then run with it.

FWIW, I have a Calvert Wheat Kings jersey that had a similar high price and although I'd lose 50-60% if I had to sell it, I don't regret it one bit. I love the way the kid plays the game, whether he ever has a huge impact at the NHL level or not.