View Single Post
Old
03-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
Rinaldo has been playing in a checking role against the top players in the game in this stretch run. Its clear on what role they want to groom him in. He is decent defensively and he continues to work hard at it. Add his speed, physicality and agitating skills he will be a great bottom line player in the future if he continues to mature. PL obviously disagrees with you.

Sestito is the only guy in our system who could player the enforcer role but also play the game. The problem with people who think like you is you look at **** on paper and think its the best way or its going to work. There are intangibles and variables of an NHL roster.

I want guys like Wellwood to make the NHL. But we have so many forwards and simply playing all skilled ones in every spot just doesn't work like that. You need the grinders and muckers who fight for pucks in the corners. Bang bodys and wear out the defense. Make the top line players feel and play bigger. Work hard on every shift. They are very valuable come playoff time. Because of the grind and energy they can inject into the lineup.

I think you're giving Rinaldo credit for Couturier's work. He's a limited forward at both ends of the ice, and Couturier covers up for him big time. Between Rinaldo and Wellwood, Wellwood is the superior defensive player and has better two-way ability and upside in a bottom 6 role. I'm not saying to get rid of Rinaldo, he fits an energy/agitator role that is sometimes useful, but when everyone gets healthy he's clearly the 13th forward based on merit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
Keep Sestito as the 13th forward. And then you can juggle him and Rinaldo and just keep sitting the one who does something stupid.
Assuming Jagr is back, we're talking about Rinaldo and Sestito as the 13th and 14th forwards, not the 12th and 13th. Is it necessary to carry 14 when at least one of them could be contributing and developing in the AHL?

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote