View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 12:59 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Aside from Carlyle and Farrish no, I agree with you and most of the relative understanding fans see that dion needs more leaders in the room for sure to spear head this team I am hoping that is what burke does, especially since Nonis pointed it out.
I guess when Dion leads team to playoffs and has a great playoff run, a clutch goal or play or two, people will shut up about it but as a habs fan, I know better. He's not the best leader, but he needs the vets to learn from too. I never liked how they just handed him the C, he may not have been ready, but it is what it is, and if they want to build a team that can come out of bad stretches, you need more than dion. Guys like Doan may be available, not a cup winner, but hard working vet. Add some guys like Pahlsson over a guy like connoly and there's some playoff experience. I hope habs retain moen, but he's another possibility. There's a lot of guys who can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream team43 View Post
Phanuef is no captain. Rather see Grabo be captain over him. The only people that think he should be captain are the people on this board and Burkes lap dogs
I'm not a leafs fan, but Dion is a leader. I won't argue if you feel he was rushed into role by Burke, but he's not a bad player and not a bad influence but he's no messier or "insert good captain here". He's okay, but unforunately, I don't think he has much competition for captaincy in the leafs room, all too young.

Last edited by crump: 03-31-2012 at 04:09 AM.
LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote