View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 04:48 AM
Alan Ryan

vCash: 500
Khudobin ready for the back-up role in Boston

Goalie Anton Khudobin is ready to head to Boston for the playoffs. This Providence Journal article provides nice background information on his journey to Boston and his role in the organization.

With Tuukka Rasks playoff availability in question because of injury and Marty Turco not eligible for the postseason, all signs point to Khudobin backing up Tim Thomas when the Bruins open their defense of the Stanley Cup in a couple of weeks.

No matter what happens, he says he is ready. If they give me a chance to play, Im going to play how I can. Im just going to go there and do my job, said Khudobin, who returned to the Providence net last weekend after missing a month with a wrist injury.

Khudobin is a sore loser in any language. A shattered Sherwood goalie stick with his name on it often can be found in the trash barrel outside the Providence Bruins dressing room after an overtime or shootout loss. I hate to lose. Doesnt matter if the score is 4-3, 5-4 or 6-5. If we get the win, Im more happy. Of course, I try to not allow them to score. I would love to have a shutout every game, but Id rather win than anything else, Khudobin says.

While Khudobin had offers to return to Russia last summer, he said that he wanted to stay with the Boston organization. If the Bruins decide to part ways with Tim Thomas over the summer and hand the starting job over to Rask, Khudobin would be in line to be the backup. He is signed through the 2012-13 season, and will make NHL money next season $800,000 whether he plays in Boston or Providence. Lets finish this season first, and after that well talk about next season, he said.

Full article: http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...2.11dbb41.html