View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 05:27 AM
cishockeyfan

vCash: 500
Year after year its hard to see the grads move on and in our mind we always say they can't be replaced, but year after year somehow we manage to get better, I don't expect that to change anytime soon, no matter who the coach is, UNB has a built tradition now, it will take a lot to stop this train. We may not always be dominant, but we've been a contending AUS team every year since our last losing season which was back in what? 1990?

We lost a lot of players after the first Nationals we hosted in 02-03 and everyone thought we missed our chance at a title on home Ice, the Next Year I think Gardiner brought in something like 10 to 12 rookies? Including Sinclair, Perry, Pearce, Johnston can't remember all the names but they were all key players in a almost national Championchip that year and were key players of the 2007 Title.

While its true baileys Heart can never be replaced and I'm sad to see him go, sometimes change isn't a bad thing, Bailey logged a lot of Minutes this year, but was still just over a point a game player like he was the previous 4 years, he wasn't really a pure point scorer and finisher, and may have been a reason the power play struggled a little bit he's just not that type of player. so Maybe the next big name centerman while he might not wear his heart on his sleeve like bailey, or care as deeply, maybe the next guy is a hennigar type guy, or a tremblay type guy, or a JS Dickson type guy, or Culligan Type guy you never know, we will certainly lose something in Bailey but we may gain something different with fresh blood

If Jordan Clendenning returns no doubt this guy should be Captain Next Season