View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 07:17 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
The natural side for a lefty is the right side.
Huh? I'm using the perspective as looking at from the goalie on our team. Left is left, right is right correct? So what you're saying is Weber and Suter are playing their unnatural sides? Always thought a left handed shot played the left side and the right handed shot played the right side as it's easier to play the puck back and forth to one another on defense. If what I'm reading from you is what I'm thinking it is, the left handed player would be on the right side naturally and the right handed player would be on the left side? They'd have much more work to do to gain control of the puck.

If we look at our pairings last night, we had Weber/Suter and Bouillon/Klein as two of the pairings. Is that natural or unnatural? And if that's the case, the Gill/Josi pairing, who is playing their natural side? Once again, if what I'm understanding from your statement, we would have 5 of 6 defensemen playing their unnatural position. Help me understand this because I may have pulled an Austin Powers and gone cross eyed.