View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 07:44 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
If you were name the new GM and were reporting to Geoff Molson and Serge Savard, what are the first FIVE things you would do as the new GM between now and training camp in September?

Example: Who would be your coach, who would you draft and who is traded etc.

I would...

1) Hire the best head coach for the job regardless of language, ethnic background or skin colour.

2) Draft Grigorenko or Galchenyuk in June and start a marketing campaign around them.

3) Buy out Gomez and Kaberle, trade Weber and Diaz for a player than can help right away and a draft pick etc.

4) Attempt to sign Semin to play on Plekanec wing, Gaustad or Prust as the 4th line centre and Suter as the 2nd/3rd defenseman with Markov, Gorges and Subban as the top 4.

5) BAN Media and fans from all practices in Montreal!

What would you do?
first of all if I am Molson , I would give the following list of DO NOT DO IF I HIRE YOU

DO NOT .....sign a D man to a three extension whith no knees left on a team going nowhere

DO NOT .....acquire a 8.5 mil cap hit on a soft d man in the middle of the season as a bandaid

DO NOT .... let your entire team go to UFA ...get no assets in return and then spend like a drunk on midgets and players with no value to build with

FOLLOW THE DETROIT EXAMPLE OF HOW TO BUILD A SUCCESSFUL TEAM FOR 20 YEARS ...DRAFT ...DEVELOP....THEN TINKER WHEN YOU ARE A CONTENDER

now moving forward

1) rid of Gomez, Pleks, Kabbie, Gio and let all the other UFA`S walk

we need to change the core not the spare parts ...we are going nowhere with Pleks and DD down the middle in this conference and Pleks has more value .

2) get a coach who can teach kids ....AND PLAY THE KIDS PROPERLY

Eller is a solid #2 complementary center , put thim there and leave him there

3) no spending in the summer on junk ...Suter and Zack arent coming here , DONT SPEND ON JOKINEN, types in the 4-5 range ..... NO MORE
we arent contenders , we tried it it didnt work

4) make sure you get that big center at the draft ....to become my number 1

5) MORE IMPORTANTLY. .... after next year and the midget gets his 50+ points again and we stink , and he isnt the answer .... DO NOT SIGN HIM TO A 4Y / 4 MIL
A YEAR CONTRACT .... trade him while he has value

This is why we have too many stupid contracts ...wrong player for the wrong team at the wrong time ..He is a depth filler on a good team , I will not win with him as my #1 center going head to head with Crosby and other centers .

6) phase in a few kids ....Tinordi is physically ready for a third pairing job

7) if you need to sign ...short term fair deals to buy time

8) have a vision of what your team will look like in a few years . This is the key here folks

the following cant be bottom 6 ...KRISTO , GALAGHER , LEBLANC . plus this years
pick if we take him

so you have 4 forwards , plus Max, Cole, Pleks, DD, Gio without assuming trades

this wont work down the road , start moving while some value is still there

onemorecup* is offline   Reply With Quote