View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 08:44 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
I think Alex Semin might be worth signing.

He has an awesome shot, and I have seen him drop to block shots too. He is UFA and would probably consider a shorter term contract to get a shot with a team as strong as NYR

he is 6'2" and 2 seasons removed from a 40 goal season he is also listed as LW
He's not my first choice, but he's definitely a consideration, IMO.

His "laziness" is completely overblown. He's not Ryan Callahan or Carl Hagelin away from the puck, but with the puck, and in the offensive zone, he absolutely works for his goals and assists. He's constantly making second and third efforts to keep a play alive or get the puck through. I think he'd benefit greatly from a change of scenery. WSH is a mess and it's still all about Ovechkin over there.

Here's my priority order for offseason acquisitions:

Parise
Suter
Semin
Nash

Now, Parise and Suter, I'd be thrilled to give a retirement contract to. Semin, I'd be very interested in 3-5 years at no more than 6 mil per season. If he wants to chase the biggest payday, that's fine, but it won't be with us. If he wants to be a Ranger, I'll be happy to pay him a fair six million.

I really don't think Nash is the answer. 7.8 million is more than I'd want to pay for Parise, who is a much better player. And we'd have to give up assets too. Unless its a complete Gomez of a deal, I'd much rather sign Semin.

Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Semin Stepan Callahan
Dubinsky Anisimov Kreider
Rupp Boyle Prust

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote