View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Wow. Just wow.

My first thought while reading that was - as far as I know - not one player said : "Cunneyworth is our coach I don't want to disrespect him by discussing about a potential replacement. For all I know, he's coming back as head coach next year and I'd look like an idiot telling you about how good of a pick someone else would be."

No matter the fact that RC is a lame duck coach appointed temporarily, I find it disrespectful if not borderline idiotic of these players to give their opinion on who could make a good replacement before he is even fired. And I'm clearly not RC's biggest fan.

Still, this kinda gives us an insight at how much of a mess that locker room is. And people think Gorges is captain material in Montreal..
In principle I agree with you. If taken alone, the quotes in this article don't show appropriate respect for Cunneyworth. But, it's a short print article - we don't know the questions asked, and we can assume the players' actual statements were longer, and edited down to just the meatiest stuff about Patrick. I'd like to give the players the benefit of the doubt on this one.