View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 11:09 AM
TMI
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
I might be totally off my rocker here, but I want this guy signed. At all costs. Literally.

I don't know if I'd give him an Ovechkin deal, but really, 6 mil - i'd have no problem with it. 7? Maybe a little, at first.

He's gone above Suter in priorty for me. Lets face it, Suter will be a #2 D-man as long as Weber's here. If he bolts for 7 mil in Detroit, so be it.

We've never had a guy like Radulov here. Maybe Kariya his first season. Every time he's on the ice he does something good.

Sign Rads. Resign the Brothers Kostitsyn - you've got as dangerous a top 6 as anyone in the NHL outside of Pittsburgh. With depth too.

Offer Suter fair money - if he stays- great! If he goes to Detroit for a Brinks truck, so be it. Signing the forwards above makes one of the guys like Smith/Wilson expendable - send one of them off for a similar young D-man - maybe a Bogosian (or your favorite young d-man here).

Rads - Leggy - HQ
Erat - Fish - AK/SK
SK/AK - Smith - Halischuk
Toots - Spaling - Bourque

Weber - Bogo
Josi - Klein
Ellis - Ekholm (Hillen/Gill/UFA/Bouillon/ETC)
I agree. I have, perhaps stupidly as he may leave, watched Radulov very closely in all of his shifts since his return, and the guy just knows how to make things happen. He forechecks. He hits. He battles along the boards, though he could be stronger on his skates. He is a ridiculous player. I would absolutely love to keep Suter, too, but I also think Rads has jumped to first in line on the list of priorities.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote