View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 04:31 AM
discostu

vCash: 500
On the radio this morning, Pierre McGuire made an interesting comment. He's usually an advocate of the "be patient" approach when he talks about the Sens, and usually doesn't think they should make any drastic moves, but he suggested something a little out of the ordinary today.

He thinks that Muckler does need to move someone out. The team has not responded to verbal motivators, and perhaps it's time to take a drastic action to shake this team up.

He felt that guys like Schastlivy, Hnidy, Pothier, etc. were not important enough players to send the message that they need, and feels that the guy that should be moved is Radek Bonk.

Like I said, it's a little suprising, given McGuire's nature with this team. Personally, I think it would have a big impact on this team, but I'm pretty certain that any return on Bonk is going to weaken this team right now.

As for what we would want back, I think the utmost important thing is to get a player that is going to be a "heart and soul" type. I know it's a cliche to say that, but in this case, when you're looking for a shake-up, it's what you need. I don't know who's out there that's available, or even if the Sens are going to entertain the notion. I think it's something the Sens should really consider. If they can get a return that is not that far off in talent level, then they should do it.