View Single Post
Old
02-23-2006, 02:58 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Reading these stories is awesome, especially the old time fans
My dad has always told me about the Rangers of the 60's, 70's and 80's and always tells me about Chiller Theater and the horror flicks, so it's kind of cool to hear the same stories from you guys
I'm 18 now, and since I was very very young hockey was part of my life. I remember when I was about 4 my dad read me an article about how the Poughkeepsie Civic Center Rink was going to be renovated, and right then I got obsessed with hockey. I was really upset when he told me I had to do a learn to play session first, as I wanted to jump right into the action. I was probably in kindergarten when I first did learn to play, and then the next year tried out for a mite team, and although I highly doubt I should've made the team based on talent, the guy at the rink liked me and put me on the team. That was probably the best day of my life haha, I was already obsessed with the Rangers, as well as football (Giants and Seahawks...hey they had a cool name lol), and the Mets, so being on a team was like the greatest thing ever. Actually had my first game in West Point where the Army team plays, which was pretty cool. Anywho, that basically sealed the deal for me as I am a huge Ranger fan. When opening night finally happened this year I nearly hyperventilated, I almost died without hockey last year lol. I don't think there's ever been a time when I've been constatly as excited for a game as I am now, and when we scored against Philly on opening night to make it 4-3 and went on to win, I ran around my hall in my dorm screaming haha.
Ah man, thank God they're good again, it's been a long time coming!
Keep up the awesome stories guys.