View Single Post
Old
02-23-2006, 03:25 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
The Rangers are in first place and are a Stanley Cup contender. If they can improve this team by trading prospects for nhl talent they have to do it. Who knows how many more chances this team has to win a stanley cup. Injuries happen and the next few years may not be as good as this season. The Rangers should go for it.
Whatever they do if they are serious about these playoffs this year they are going to have to make a deal for another d-man. 6 and whoever's on the farm in case of emergency is not going to do it especially if one of them is Strudwick who is fine under the right conditions but I think his limitations are going to become more apparent as games get more intense down the stretch and into the playoffs. I don't really think they have to do much more than that although if they can find a Matteau or a Noonan type out there it would be nice. Even so it might not be Callahan it might be a Greg Moore who I like a lot more and would be very unhappy to see leave. Montoya in any case should be off the board for any kind of rental. And I would fit Dubinsky and several others in that category. Pretty much the top 8 and Baranka in our poll.