View Single Post
Old
02-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Jackson Ranger

vCash: 500
I was introduced to hockey in 1973 by my cousins. I had just moved back to New Jersey (my father was in the Air Force) after living in Hawaii for two years. While there, I learned to play golf and because of the nice weather , I played every day after school. Because of this, when I went to start playing street hockey, I naturally shot right handed (from golf). The problem was nearly everyone who played at the time, were left handed. Let me tell you, when I got a stick for Christmas the following year, I was in heaven.

Anyway, after a brief period of liking the Flyers (yes, those guys. I was actually a Bobby Clarke fan) I jumped on the Ranger bandwagon. Primarily because I went to see my first live NHL game at the Garden between the Rangers and Islanders. Greg Polis had a great game, a couple of goals and an assist. The Rangers won 5-4, I think.

It was an awesome night, even though I was in the old blue seats and could hardly follow the puck. After that I was hooked on hockey.

I went about a year later, this time first row behind the visitors penalty box, and saw the Rangers/Flyers. What a game!! Plus, it was great to verbally abuse guys like Bob Kelly and Moose Dupont.

After becoming a die hard Ranger fan, I bought partial season tickets in 91-92 and then in 1993, I became a full time season ticket holder. Of course, they won the Cup that year, so I like to say one of the reasons the curse was lifted was because I became a season ticket holder. One note, I gave up my season tickets this year and it would be ironic the year I get season tickets, they win the Cup and the year I give them up, they win the Cup!! Hey, we can dream can't we!