View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 02:45 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Honestly though, if they bring the same game of the first two periods, they should win. Niemi would not even come close to making the saves Schneider did through 2.

That said, I doubt we'll see anything like the chances we got last night.
I agree on both points. They played well enough to win until it mattered. They have to play 60 minutes which has not been the case recently, but at least one of last night's issues was a fantastic 1st and 2nd period by Schneider.

On your 2nd point, it's the 2nd night of a back to back ... that's not an acceptable excuse, but that's the reality of this team. B2B's are hard ... but everyone plays in them ... and few (if any) are as bad as this team this year.

I've set the bar at OT/SO loss. I can live with that. Unfortunately, I was really hoping a win last night would also come with an OT/SO loss tonight, but no such luck.

They need 3 points in the next 2 games to really give themselves the advantage this final week. It probably comes down to SJ and Dallas for 8th place so head to head + (LAx2 vs. NSH/STL).

Hopefully PHX and/or LA will stumble against non-playoff competition, but you can't expect/count on someone else's failure to get you in. Plus last year, Chicago gift wrapped a playoff berth for the Stars and they squandered it. At this point, it's up to Dallas to force their way into the playoffs ... something they were unable to do last year.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote