View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
JVR missed the end of camp and the exhibition games, IIRC. I think he was doubtful for the opener but made it. He was never right all fall, then he started playing better and got cheapshotted for a concussion, came back from that and was really starting to fly when he broke his foot blocking a shot.

When you watch how great Voracek is breaking down the wing, opening up the D with speed, JVR is actually better at it. Patience, the kid has great tools (speed, size, growing strength as he fills out) and skill (passing, shooting and hockey sense). He just needs to come back in the first round and give us a boost to win the series - no pressure!
The difference between Voracek and JVR though, is that, Voracek would go into the zone and look for a pass, while JVR goes to the blueline and shoots it every time. He has GOT to change that aspect. It has never worked and wont ever work. JVR will be making alot more money next season. He needs to show he is worth it and not just potential still.

Like DFF said (possibly the first time I ever agreed with DFF), the team has showed they are good enough without him and I'd be fine not playing JVR the rest of the season.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote