View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ13 View Post
The thing is, we have an almost 5 game sample of what the Bruins could do offensively without Horton against the best team on the highest stage last year...final tally for those 5 games: Bruins 21, Canucks 3. Horton was either in an ambulance or in the pressbox, and Tim Thomas was an afterthought in each of the Bruins 4 wins in the Stanley Cup final. You can of course argue that it's a small sample w/o Horton, or that Ryder was a key reason why the Bruins enjoyed that offensive success, or they never would have got there without Horton and Thomas standing on his head...etc..etc...but it is a point worth mentioning.

Nobody expected Sean freaking Bergenheim to get 9 goals in 16 games for Tampa in the playoffs last year, or Joel Ward to get 7 in 12 for Nashville. The year before, Dave Bolland scored 8 in 22 games for the Blackhawks and Ville Leino got 7 in 19 games for the Flyers. The year before that Dan Cleary got 9 in 23 games for the Wings after getting 14 all year. Not saying he will, but Pouliot fits right in on that list of middling regular season goal scorers who catch fire in the PO's. Or maybe Kelly. Or maybe Peverley. Who knows at this point.

I'd also point to Tyler Seguin as a reason for some optimism in this year's PO's. He only played 13 games and scored 3 goals in the playoffs last year. I'd wager he's going to do a lot more this year.
Good points for optimism, man. Asking an even better Tyler Seguin to make up for Ryder and now Horton...hmmm...I don't know. I guess the Pou-pou Choo Choo is here to fill in...Who knows?...Maybe he'll be a playoff performer, like Ryder.

Ehh, in the end this team is all about goaltending, defense, and then trying to find those all important clutch goals in the playoffs.
I hope it works out for us. It would be awesome to see someone REALLY step up this season.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote