View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 06:51 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drownedsailors View Post
I'm not sure if you're a Flyer fan, but if you're not you CLEARLY don't watch Giroux.

He'll literally try any move if he thinks it'll work, that goal he scored against Toronto in the SO was a very risky move.
Either it goes in and he's the hero, or he misses and he's the goat, he felt confident trying the move though because it worked in practice.
The move he did today was a move he probably tried out in practice as well, and decided to use it in the game.

I agree with the announcers though, they said Giroux tried the move because Anderson stopped everything else he threw on net,
So he might as well switch it up

Giroux is a very grounded/humble kid.
I agree with the general sentiment, though I haven't seen the move (yet) myself. It's always like that, though, and when something doesn't pan out, people are always quick to criticize. It's like when a 2-on-1 situation doesn't resolve in a goal, if the player shot the puck people are up in arms why he didn't pass, and if he passes it's why didn't he shoot. But apart from the general knowledge of hockey, these boards, I have to say, have quite the knack for shootouts especially. They know how Bryz should be positioned and what he should do, they know not to have Simmonds be one of the shooters, they know what Giroux mustn't do, even though he probably isn't the third best point-getter in the league because he follows the safest route whenever possible, etc. I get that people are frustrated, but they just come off as smart-***** and generals after the war.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote