View Single Post
Old
03-31-2012, 08:24 PM
D4nY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
I've been hoping they'd improve their D for the last couple of offseasons. So that's what I would make one of my top 5 priorities. I don't know how I'd get rid of Kaberle but it would be part of the defence makeover. I would let Campoli walk and trade Weber to give him a fresh start with another team as I don't see a spot for him. Re-sign Subban, Emelin, and Diaz. I would want a top 4 (if not better) left dman (righties are difficult to find). The two I would target are Suter and Stuart. Suter being the number one choice and would trade for his rights at the draft. Then I would want a good stay at home RH dman with good size and can play some PK. I don't see any real options in UFA so I would shop around and see what is available for trade. Three I would target are the Kings Greene, the Blues Polak, and even the Leafs Schenn. Don't know how likely either of them would be available but neither should be untouchable. Last I would sign a vet to play in the number 7-8 role with Diaz as injuries are assured to happen.

Suter/Stuart - Subban
Markov - Gorges
Emelin - Greene/Polak/Schenn
Vet - Diaz

Playing Emelin with Gorges and Markov with one of the three to be acquired could bring more stability to the pairings.
would you do Kaberle for Komisarek? they both have 2 years left and have similar cap hit... You get your right handed stay at home D and get rid of Kaberle. I know Komisarek with a 4.5 million cap hit is not very good but Kaberle is useless here with a healthy Markov and i dont see alot of opportunity to move him.. and im sure Burke would love to get rid of Komisarek.

D4nY is offline   Reply With Quote