View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 07:59 AM
SensGod

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyGarrioch
Bonk nor Smolinski should go. Hnidy and Pothier wont because we don't have capable NHL-ready depth at defense.

Shastlivy and White, and if I was to pick a core player, Havlat, will be the possible candidates.

Muckler will entertain offers, but he's not going to jump the gun on anything.
I agree with you for the most part on this...

Smoke = untouchable...why??? He's a freshly signed UFA and it would send a VERY bad message to other UFA's about signing here. UFA's usually don't like to be traded after signing with a team.

Bonk = untouchable except for the right price. I'd say Muckler shops old Bonkie around to see if anyone drops their pants for him. Bonk is the quintessential 2nd line centerman. He would be much better served here if we had a true #1 centerman.

Schastlivy = my patience has run out...

White = untouchable. why? He's the home town boy, he's the main kog in the Sens local PR and he'll play here for very little money to keep his wife close to the medical care she needs. She has some medical issues and one of the best places in the world for her to be is here in Ottawa due to the medical care she gets here and to keep her close to her family.

Phillips = untouchable...not unless someone majorly over pays. He's been one of the Sens best players so far and doesn't deserve to be moved.

Rachunek = this could be interesting...he could be the "core" player to move to shake up the team. but he's been playing well and doesn't deserve to be moved unlike Chara. but, Chara on the other hand is too valueable to the team to move...as with Redden.

Alfredsson = tradeable. I'm going to get some severe flack for this, but he's a UFA at the end of the season. If you want to shake the team...this would be the biggie to send a message. We have the depth on the RW with Hossa and Havlat to maintain two top lines. Alfredsson hasn't been spectacular this year so far and his play in the playoffs last year was not that great.

Havlat = tradeable. If we can get Alfie to sign an extension and Alfie wakes up...Havlat could be moved I guess...but I'd rather move Alfie before Havlat.

Essentially what it boils down to is the following candidates from the top 6 or top 4 d that could be moved to send a message to the team.

Bonk
Havlat
Alfredsson
Rachunek

All of these guys could get us a #1 LW that could give this team a kick in the arse...

We'll see how much shaking Muckler will do to the team soon I think.