View Single Post
Old
04-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Drake744
#HeyHeyPekkaRinne

vCash: 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
What kills me is where were all these die hard Blackhawks fans 3-4 years ago. No where. The wings fans have at least been around for a while. Alot of these idiots in Hawks gear just discovered they had a team worth watching.

If I remember correctly the Hawks were going through terrible ownership issues back for several years until maybe 07 or so. Maybe later than that I don't really remember, but I know attendance used to be terrible. But they were an awful team and fans were annoyed at ownership (I think) so many people just didn't go. I will never question Blackhawk fans' loyalty. I honestly think Chicago is the best sports town in the country and every one of their teams is backed by tremendous fans. The Blackhawks/ownership/low attendance thing was much like the LA Dodgers in baseball last year. No one wanted to go to games and give owner Frank McCourt any of their money, so they stayed home. When I wanted to go watch the Padres play there, none of my Dodger friends would go because they were boycotting ownership. Yet no one will question the passion of that fan base. I'm under the impression that the Hawks were in that same scenario, but if I'm wrong I'd like to be corrected by someone who does know.