What are the first FIVE things you would do as the new GM?
View Single Post
04-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Join Date: Apr 2004
1. Hire best coach interested. Roy seems like a bold move, like the idea of it personally.
2. Entertain offers for our first round draft pick. Hold open floor meeting with scouting staff and take Timmins advice to heart. Targeting possible franchise center in any event.
3. Deal with the Gomez contract in whatever way serves the best interest of the teams future. Buy out being last option. Pitch hard for Suter, overpay if necessary but keep contract length under 5 years. Same with Parise.
4. resign price to long term contact. Willing to gamble on him being a dependable #1 to save on cap hit and front load contract. Sign subban max 4 years , no higher than 4m, thinking in the 3 to 3.5 range. PACs similar extension terms.
5. look for depth players through FA or trade market. Want strong two way physical wingers who can chip in 20 to 40 points fort third line, physical, strong skating energy players on forth line. Would love two more Ryan whites. Address any holes in top six or top for if Suter or parise don't sign. Jagr would come without a long term commitment and could pencil in with plek and gio.
Don't want to change too much. If I couldn't land the big fish on July 1, I would stand pat with our roster rather than bring in large contracts with b list top six players.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Jsweenie