Thread: Prospect Info: Share your draft resources
View Single Post
Old
04-01-2012, 10:35 AM
sina220*

vCash: 500
One of the less obvious is thescoutingreport.org

Its an amateur site but they generally provide very good and detailed write ups, and they delve into junior league priority drafts so you get a look at the future a few years down the line. Another lesser known is rotoworld.com, the fantasy sports website. They haven't done any real articles besides rankings yet but as the draft draws nearer (post lottery) they do a great job of breaking down rankings and mocking. Most people don't check there because they assume its all fantasy stuff, but they do quite a good job and they're in cahoots with mckeens so you get some of their perspective without having to pay for it.

And a general rule I follow is to not latch onto a specific outlet, but pay attention to the discrepancies between them. Once I zero in on a few kids who I think fit what we look for in the 1st and 2nd rounds then I begin to watch some film and see if I think the player matches our criteria, as well as his scouting reports.

Personally I hope an early run on d men will allow one of the forwards, girgensons, collberg, faksa, or aberg to fall to us, in that order. Beyond them I like d man ludvig bystrom, forward Phil digiuseppe, and forward daniil zharkov. Bystrom and zharkov imo could be huge steals as both have immense potential. Bystrom is overlooked because so many d are ranked high and zharkov has issues playing without the puck, but displays an aggressiveness when he's on that could make him dominant if more consistent. It also wouldn't surprise me if they round out the samuelsson family and take henrik as well. He certainly fits the Shero mold, and we love our bloodlines.

Last edited by sina220*: 04-01-2012 at 10:41 AM.
sina220* is offline   Reply With Quote