View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 07:42 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
As for Korneev, I got to see a few of his games in the RSL this year, with one of his Russian National Team games on the way. He isn't getting much ice time for a good team AK Bars. But he plays a solid game, and his size doesn't seem to hurt him so far. He must add some pounds, but I think he can do that over a 2-3 year span. I don't know what management plans are for him, but if he stays in the RSL for one more year it's not a bad thing. Although I would like to see him in Hamilton next year to see how he adapts to the smaller ice surface.

As for Korpikari, I like everything I have read about him, and I finally got to see him play one game. One game doesn't mean anything, so I had to go off what I've read as well. Why did he move up so much? He was able to crack the roster of a mens league at 18, never sat out since his callup (that I know of) picked up his game in the playoffs, and this year he has played well not missing any time (1 game don't know why) He plays on one of the better teams in the sm- liiga, and his coach is one of Finlands all time great defensemen, who has had a lot of good things to say about Korpikari. I could be overrating him, but I hope to see more of him in the WJC's.