View Single Post
Old
04-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlmost View Post
I can usually count on you to tell us once a month how "bright the future looks". Why the sudden change? I'm sure we will be just fine, there are a lot of good prospects you just listed and players don't go from 23 to 30, so I'm sure that will be ample time to draft and sign new talent. This is a bit premature, and I'm not entirely sold that Zuke will be let go. They may bring him back next year, he looked good and the team likes players that know the system, and he does.

When I was talking about our future looking bright, I was right, correct? And when I said at the start of this season that the Rangers are vastly underrated, even by their own fans, that was correct as well... as was my prediction from the start of 2010-11 season that we'll be a borderline team.

I don't do cheerleading for no reason. I try to look at what we got. And what I see today is that the team is running out of prospects and our draft picks will be very late.

I have high hopes for St. Croix, Thomas and Fasth, hoping that at least one of them will be a 60+ point player. If not, we will be in a bit of trouble when Gaborik leaves in 2014.

Either way, we'll need to get people to replace Boyle, Rupp and Prust with entry level contracts. Next year, this trio will cost us $4.5- $5. To re-sign UFAs like Callahan and Girardi, we will need to find replacements for them to save a couple of million on our bottom line. I'm hoping that our replacements for this trio will still allow us to maintain quality depth.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote