View Single Post
Old
04-01-2012, 02:52 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Girgensons shouldn't be a 1st round pick. I was saying maybe package one of the 3rds with a 2nd to move up 3-4 spots.
Yeah I haven't seen him out of the 1st round. He definitely could since these reports aren't the end all be all, but that would be a bit surprising.

McKenzie's rankings in February had him at 11. I think most people would agree that McKenzie's list complied based of discussions with the actual scouts making the picks is the most reliable. Every year his record for picking 1st round picks in the final rankings (which should be out soon) is excellent. Usually somewhere between 20 and 30 of the guys he lists as 1st rounders actually go in the 1st round.

McKeen's latest Top 30 from March had him at 11. ISS's March ratings has him at 20. The most recent consensus ratings I could find are from February combining the ratings of Bob McKenzie, Redline Report, Future Considerations, ISS, Craig Button, Hockey Prospectus, The Scouting Report, and Win Shares. That puts him at 10.

None of that would indicate he shouldn't be a 1st round pick. It would be a big surprise for him to fall below 30.