View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 08:49 AM
guzmania

vCash: 500
Those look pretty good to me too.

I think there are a couple of reasons that Mo and Vis are together. One is a holdover from Vis not speaking english well, just 2 years ago. Another is the high octane offense that these 2 guys are capable of when matched against weaker defensive forwards. Vis has 4G 9A 13Pts and a +5. Mo has 3G 6A 9Pts with a +1. Both guys are playing ~25 minutes a game, suprisingly to me. For all their points the +/- seems low if it's high octane we're using these guys for. Vis has been the best defensman on the ice for the Kings in several games. I can't say that about Modry, maybe his strengths are harder to recognise.

I have these questions. How much would their point production suffer if each were paired with a more stable defensive partner? Wouldn't Roman appreciate that? How much trouble would it cause if they stayed together on the PP only? Would there be trouble resting them after the PP (which would force other pairings)? Even going into the PP if one of the 2 were on the ice would cause rest issues? Are the pairings meant to give the new guys more of a sense of stability with their partners, so they aren't mixed around until the normal pairings can be reinstated (possibly causing rookie mistakes)? Why is Norstrom on the PP instead of Miller?

I'd like to see more Gleason in general, but especially on the PP, he's also been one of the few hitters out there and is on the fast track. Holland has been a pleasant suprise, and has been very stable. I hope we haven't rushed Miller back, he seems a notch below his previous performances, he's seemed to have more impact on the game last year.
Corvo is still an enigma in 03-04. I'll bet he's got ants in the pants to get back in.