View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 02:34 AM
Fanned On It

vCash: 500
One-Timers/Backdoor Passes

Definitely my biggest weakness in my game. Today I had 2 backdoor chances, one was a perfect pass that I got my stick on but it just popped straight up, and the other came through a lot of bodies and I fanned on it. It seems like, for some reason, backdoor passes are the hardest for me to jam in. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and I feel like such a letdown when I let what SEEMS like such an easy opportunity go to waste. I've only been playing for a year so I obviously am not the most experienced player, but it seems like every time I get a backdoor opportunity I either fan on it, or get a really weak shot that goes wide or just isn't quick enough to get past the goalie.

I know I can opt to not go for the one-timer and CATCH the pass and then shoot it, but it doesn't seem like there's enough time because either one of their defensemen is on me right away or the goalie slides over and gets in position.

I was talking about it with my dad (who plays on my line with me and set me up with the two chances) and he says that I might not have my blade flat on the ice or I might be keeping my blade too open when I go for the shot. I can't really remember what I do because it's such a fast thing so idk.

I guess I'm just looking for some tips/experiences that might help me get better at one-timing those backdoor passes.

I should also note that one-timers in general give me trouble during games. When I'm just practicing with friends I can REALLY drive one-timers home but in the game with the added pressure and the necessity for speed it's a whole different ball-game...

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote