View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Well thats slightly disappointing regarding Sustr. What was wrong with his year? 6'8 (or tall ) players usually are the type who a defensive minded with an iffy first pass and iffy skating. Reports were his skating is pretty good for his height. What would you say was his problem?
Consistency and lack of overall physical strength.

In the UNO games that I saw this season (and I saw them quite a bit), Sustr would play really well in one and just disappear in the next. At the pro level, he'd be eaten alive.

Sustr also needs to get stronger. While he has the desired size, IMO, he doesn't just have the strength at this point to compete against the guys in the pros. Now where this was evident to me in watching him was his play along the boards. Far too often, he got outmuscled in battling for pucks. Again, that doesn't bode well at the pro level. He has already indicated that he will be returning to UNO in the fall and that will work greatly to his benefit as far adding that necessary strength. And it will surely be something that the scouts will be looking at too.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote