Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Looks like the Flyers will get Mangene.

Any info about him?

Never heard of him.
If the Flyers do indeed sign Mangene, he'll be a great addition.

At Maine this season, he played both forward and defense. And he played both positions almost equally well too. One of his greatest asset is his speed. This kid can move! And because of his speed, his transition game is pretty good.

Mangene also makes remarkably good decisions both offensively and defensively. And one thing that has impressed me in watching him is that he doesn't sacrifice his defensive responsibilities in favor of making borderline offensive plays. In other words, if he sees that there is a good chance to create a good offensive play, he will take it. But if he sees that the opposition has given him and his team little or no opportunities to do so, then he'll hang back and support the defense. This is not to say that he won't take the necessary risks to create offense, quite the contrary. He's just smart about when to do.

He's also a kid that works hard and competes. In the numerous Maine game that I've seen this season, there were few, if any, games that I can recall where Mangene took a game or shift too. He just works his tall off and that hard work has paid off quite a bit for him and his team.

So that's Matt Mangene in a nutshell.

I hope this answers your question.

Oilers Chick is offline   Reply With Quote