View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
In 79 they got to the Stanley Cup Final.

In 86 they got to the Conference Final.

In 97 they got to the Conference Final.

Any team that gets that far is good enough to win.

So you're wrong.

But I don't expect anything different from the self proclaimed 90 year old expert.

And you're right...Jagr, Francis, Stevens, Barrasso, Murphy...had nothing to do with it, it was only Lemieux.

And Esposito, Bucyk, Stanfield, Cheevers...nothing to do with anything, it was just Orr...

This isn't basketball.

Next you'll have people believe Gretzky won the Cup without help.
Wow, you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?
I'm not 90 yrs old and I have never proclaimed to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination.
That 79 team wasn't anywhere near good enough to beat the Habs that year; if you were around then and couldn't see that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Pretty much the same deal with the 86 team as well; they werent going to beat the Habs that year either.

The 97 team got run out of the building by the legion of doom led Flyers team in 5 games; guess you missed that one as well.

As far as the 72 Bruins and 92 Pens are concerned, we matched up pretty darn well with both those teams with two very obvious exceptions: two of the top five players of all time played for the Bruins and Pens respectively.

I guess you're not clever enough to realize that but instead you would rather use your post as a forum to insult me. Whatever!

Have a pleasant day!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote