View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 02:50 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Yeah I'm more worried about Mez's absence than JvR's.
I feel like with briere now out indefinitely, Jvr could really come
In handy now. Without briere, it likey means more time for schenn and couturier. I'd love to see if Jvr can develop some chemistry with either of them. I think a Jvr couturier combo could actually work well. Coots is good at finding players off the wall and high in the slot, and that's precisely where Jvr becomes most effective. He's got a very deceptive release, and when he gets confidence, can force his way to the net with the best of them.

I really think jvrs talents are underrated around here. We've seen it. We've witnessed it first hand JUST how much talent he has. I honestly believe its just a confidence issue with Jvr. He's a very timid kid. I've actually had the pleasure of meeting him twice and he's extremely approachable and just a genuinely nice guy, from what I gathered.

When Jvr gets confidence and gets going, there isn't a player on the team who has the ability to single handedly take over a game the way he can. Yes even more so than Giroux, i believe. He doesn't do that nearly enough, but I believe he will be able to do it on a more consistent basis when he gets a bit more experienced in the league and a bit more confidence in asserting himself.

He's had injury trouble, and while I know that's not an excuse because he does need to prove his worth, the injuries that hes had arent really the type of injuries where you can say "hes an injury prone player" etc. Theyve mostly all been, simply, unlucky injuries. When he comes back this year, and next year will be do or die time for Jvr with this team in my opinion. But I think with some legit, healthy time in the lineup, he'll start to show just how much talent he possesses.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote