View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 03:48 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Are you kidding me? His pitching is plenty good for a 12 team league. The only thing it is missing is an apparent ace, something Bumgarner will certainly fill this year.
I just like a top of the line ace. I made sure to have one of Kershaw, Lee, Halladay, Verlander, Felix or Lincecum and most leagues I have 2. I just find its a lot easier to get steals for hitting in later rounds, though I love his Carpenter pick (but I think he's on the DL right now).

Its all really in preferance I suppose, everyone has different strategies. But he did make out good for a rookie fantasy player and a rookie to baseball (seems from what he said). My first team I got 7th out of 12 but to this day its still my worst finish for any baseball or hockey league, my first team was garbage. Sizemore was drafted 6th overall by me he was ranked 5 but he was horrendous. You just learn strategies as you go that help you in the future.

Its the opposite I do in hockey, I rarely draft a top goalie. But like I said, everyone has different strategies.