Thread: Speculation: Iginla - Stay or Trade?
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Kurse*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Joking right?
No I am not joking, why would I joke about a chance to aquire a 23 year old beast, the very defination of "a character guy" with some skills, who seems to be getting better and better, hits like a mactruck, high energy player, motivated, and eager to shed the mitts to spark his team or stand up for his team mates. (though not as good a fighter as Iggy in his prime IMO)

Yet, as I have said before, Simmonds may never be as skilled as Iggy, (tho Wayne did score a goal with his face, so he's got a creative side to him lol) but Iggy, although still says all the right things and a diplomat at heart, is 35, declining, pretty much one demintional player now, a cherry picker, weak defensively. plus few bloody loses fights last few years, he isnt the same iggy even in the intestinal fortitude dept....not much work ethics unless Iggy wants to, which is few and far between. I hate to paint it like that but reality sucks.

Lets see what Simmonds did this week,

NHLFlyers The @NHL announced today that Wayne Simmonds has been named the 'First Star' of the week.

Sored 4 goals, one goal off his face, next game against the Pens, with one eye nearly shut, he drops'em with HW bruiser Deryk England who KO'd Colton Orr last year.

Ofcourse Flames could get a more skilled player for Iggy, I am not even debating that, I feel Simmonds lead by example, is a leader, and if he is not scoring, he is doing other things to be effective, to win. (thats what I loved about Gary Roberts) Not giving up and taking it up the.. but disturbing the calm, by making the other team bleed for the win.

Younger leaders, we need young leaders, and I don't mean the horak, bucklund types.

What are you expecting for Iggy?

Besides maybe, Iggy and Cammy, who else would fetch a player like Simmonds from the flames current roster AT THIS TIME?

I am sure you wouldn't even consider trading future studs Bucklund or Nemisz for him.

Kurse* is offline   Reply With Quote