View Single Post
Old
04-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Skm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buddha View Post
The Oilers need more toughness and grit in the line up than they presently have certainly, but as a team they are not really undersized at all. As of February this season, on average, the Oilers were actually third in the league in terms of height and eleventh in terms of weight, so they are actually one of the bigger teams in the league on average (at least, according to http://blackbluegold.wordpress.com/2...eams-and-size/). I was surprised when I read that chart, but it's interesting. Most Oiler fans--I think--assume that Edmonton is one of the smaller teams in the league. It simply isn't true. Weight is probably more important than height, however, but they are still heavier than 19 other clubs. The team needs more grit and toughness in the line up to protect their skill guys that they have now amassed. Personally, I'd like to see a lot more nasty injected into our defense.
I'd say we need some more grit and willingness to engage in our top 6. Everyone knows however that there are about 10 guys in the league who bring that and can still play with skilled guys.

Skm is offline   Reply With Quote