Old
04-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
Who's spot does he take though?

Following what i'm assuming your logic is (more ice time for better prospects) is having telegin/scheifele get some icetime at the cost of the team playing less games(not saying that would happen but the risk is their) thus reducing the icetime that klingberg, cormier, postma,kulda, maxwell, Machacek(if he gets back) get due to a shorter playoff run?

Granted, it's not a given either way, but it has to be considered.

there's pro's and cons. I think you definitly get them practicing and give em a look, but i don't think you play em unless your sure they won't be a liability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
So with Oshawa out of the playoffs, would Melchiori get a look at the Ice Caps?
I think you are underestimating Scheifele and Telegin Grind. Those guys will step in and be valuable players for St. John's down the stretch, IMO. It is a very very common thing to see junior players jump in the AHL rosters late in the season like this, and I think both would be key players down there.

Melchiori on the other hand, I am not so sure that he will be able to find a spot on that blueline. I don't see him bumping Postma, Kulda, DeSantis, Ramsay, Festerling, Ramsay, Redmond, Negrin right now. He might go to Colorado to get some pro icetime down the stretch.