View Single Post
Old
11-18-2003, 11:00 AM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Oi'll say!]I'm going to go with Ovechkin on the original question, and yes that's based mostly on the fact that he's playing against men.

Crosby's 5-11, 183 lbs is enough to give him equal footing or even a slight edge in junior, but guys who physically dominate in junior are often overwhelmed by pros. Some of the stuff that he has success at in the q could get him punked in the nhl, a-la Eric Lindros.

Ovechkin is battled tested against fully mature professionals and should be physically ready for the nhl right from his first shift onwards. Advantage Ovechkin.

This is strictly in a have-to scenario. As a gm you take the "can't miss" guy, Ovechkin is closer to having proven that he will at least become a bonafide first line player than Crosby is.
[QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%.

We can 'argue' this forever, we won't know for 5 or so years even the beginning of who was right. They might both be greats, they might both flop. Time will tell, but as of right now, I have to take Ovechkin over Crosby if I'm making the decision.