View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 12:39 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubinstache View Post
I'm a grad student at UB, also hoping the Sabres make the playoffs so I can go to a game.

I was excited to see Hodgeson play, too, but by all accounts hes been less than impressive.
Quick sidetrack from the thread, then back on bandwagon topic .....:

Bolded is far from true, actually. First and foremost, his presence alone made us better up front and more dangerous offensively. He alleviated pressure from Roy and Ennis just by merely being a natural center, and because all three are capable offensive centers, we were able to roll three scoring lines from the moment he got here. Down the stretch, teams couldn't key on one line because of the other two - its basically the main reason why our offense got hot and began to back up the solid second-half performances Miller has been churning out with regularity since the ASB.

But beyond that, he's a thinker of the game and a smart talent. The only thing he didn't do much of at first was produce points, but aside from a three game stretch of mediocre play about four games into his stint, he has been a pleasant surprise and a valuable asset. Now, he's producing...and now, we have three centers when we came into the year with one (Ennis played wing his entire NHL career until the switch during the middle of this year).

Safe to say that he has been our most dangerous forward who isn't on the Foligno-Ennis-Stafford line

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote