Old
04-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPuff34 View Post
FORWARDS
Matt Moulson ($3.133m) / John Tavares ($5.500m) / Shane Doan ($5.000m)
Joshua Bailey ($1.050m) / Frans Nielsen ($2.750m) / Kyle Okposo ($2.800m)
Michael Grabner ($3.000m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / David Jones ($3.000m)
Brandon Prust ($1.200m) / Marty Reasoner ($1.350m) / Matt Martin ($1.400m)
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($4.100m) / Barret Jackman ($4.500m)
Andrew MacDonald ($0.550m) / Travis Hamonic ($0.875m)
Calvin de Haan ($1.470m) / Nicklas Grossman ($3.000m)
GOALTENDERS
Evgeni Nabokov ($2.750m)
Kevin Poulin ($0.892m)
BUYOUTS
Alexei Yashin ($2.204m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $53,523,999; BONUSES: $862,500
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $10,776,001

I think Snow will go hard for Doan if he hits free agency only because he fits the snow profile. But not only can Doan still provide offensively, he can provide the leadership this team needs to go along with a gritty winger that JT can really use on the ice.

we all want a real number 2 center but I just dont see that happening but Chris Kelly should provide another defensively responsible center so that franz can be used more on the second line as well as the PP. I realize Franz isnt really an offensive machine but he is one of the best passers on the team and we all know how much they look for the perfect pass on the PP.

David Jones provides some size and scoring to the third line that will hopefully feature grabner and kelly. So really that line has speed and offensive scoring but will not be a complete defensive liability on the ice with kelly and the fact that grabner is a pretty good PK. Also i would rather sign jones than have ullstrum on the club because even though he has the size to play in the NHL there is no need to rush him and risk him loosing his offensive game because hes not ready to step into his role.

Prust is really interchangeable with haley as far as im concerned but Prust has proven he can actually put up points as well as bring a physical game and Snow needs to prove to Wang that he is not there just to fight otherwise no fighters actually see ice time.

The Barrett Jackman signing is really the most important one. Streit needs a defensively minded D partner to really get his game going. Streit has a terrible plus/minus stat because his game calls for him to jump into the play more so than any of our other defenseman and when that happens it leaves his partner by himself or with a foward and thats really where his terrible stat comes from. He isnt the greatest defender but he definitely is better than his stats show

I like Grossman because he has proved he can actually be an effective Dman in the NHL while playing with the flyers. He is a big body, space clearing Dman that could really help with the development of some of the younger D Prospects looking to crack the lineup as well as actually bring some physicality from someone other that Hamonic. I hate to use the Rags as an example but McDonagh was able to utilize his offensive abilities because he knows his partner Girardi is defensively sound and capable of making a play unlike streits partners this year Staois Jurcina and reese.

What does everyone else think?
I think you're living in a dream world.

Kelly will sign with a contending team.

Jackman will sign with a contending team.

Grossman will sign with a contending team.

We have a chance with David Jones.

We have a chance with Brandon Prust.

If all of Snow's decisions have to got through Wang first, do the free agent signings work the same way?