View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post
Honestly, there was a point where I worried that Yeo had lost control of the team. Like, permanently. I am very happy to see that he has turned it around, even if it took far too long this time. This gives me far more hope for next year than one more, slightly bluer-chip prospect who's still a year or two off from making an impact in the NHL.

I want this club to win every game, every season, and in every scenario. I want this to be a team that sets that standard for itself. I think they have a real shot at being pretty dramatically better next year, too.

Also interesting that nobody has mentioned the quips about free agency. He's right though... We may not be New York, but we're still way, way higher on most free agents' lists than Edmonton or Long Island, no matter how much top talent they may have in the system.
The problem I have is the timing for when the turnaround happened. Coincided with being eliminated too perfectly for me to not give it at least an asterisk. That asterisk of course representing the lack of pressure now that the Wild are eliminated, and the fact that players like Christensen are now playing for their jobs. I would be much more enthusiastic about the turnaround if it came when there was still real pressure to win. I sure as hell hope this means that Yeo has finally regained control of the team, but I am too much of a cynic to buy into it completely.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote