View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Are you guys all forgetting that for a good MONTH our top line was...

Wait for it...

Heatley - Brodizak - Johnson ???

What was our SECOND line?

Clutterbuck - Cullen - Powe

For that MONTH, we had ONE top-6 player. ONE.

If you guys didn't think they were trying, you weren't watching the games.
And the HBJ line actually had some chemistry and was producing at a good clip too. And I also remember we actually won a few games with that line as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
And I'm saying there's probably more that goes into it. It's not as simple as "they weren't trying hard before, but now they are."
Between winning and losing? Sure, there is more into it than just effort. But in almost all of those losses between December 10th and when we were eliminated I saw a whole lot of not giving a damn on the ice.

Like I said, injuries excuse lack of talent, but nothing excuses lack of effort. The Wild would consistently show up for the first 5 minutes of a game and then fall apart when one single bad thing happened to them, either a goal against or a penalty against or even a good check against them by the other team. That to me screams lack of effort, lack of trying, lack of motivation, lack of mindset, lack of heart, all of which are things this team suddenly has in spades now that we've been eliminated and the pressure to get back on track is finally off.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote