View Single Post
Old
02-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
I pretty much disagree with your lineup. First, Ward's been a real cog on that third line (as a centerman of late). I don't know why you'd drop him down to the fourth line to play with Orr. Out of all the forwards, Niemo may be the guy most jet-lagged because he did play today.

Other than that, I make the callup Immonen, if there is one, and play him as a center with Ward. If there are two, I'd call up two, because there are a couple forwards that are hot in Hartford (Immonen, Helminen and Dawes, in that order), and why not take advantage of a farm system's that's playing well.

On a separate note, doesn't the lineup look pretty sad without Jagr, Rucinsky and Prucha? I mean, Hossa on a top line, Niemo on a second, Orr's in there - that's one pathetic lineup.

And I don't think Betts is back on Thursday. He's expected to start skating with the team this week, which implies he's about a week or so away from getting back into the lineup.
The Rangers did ok with both Rucinsky and Prucha being out this season. I'm not saying they are a better team without these guys but come on this team does have depth.

If Jagr goes down for any length of time than the Rangers are DEAD. That's sports though and I'd rather have jagr and worry about injuries than not have jagr and have another year of no playoffs.

If you take Messier out of the 94 Rangers squad how pathetic would that lineup look. Mike Hudson with Anderson and Graves would look pretty sucky too. Injuries happen and the Rangers have been lucky this season that nothing to bad has happened and hopefully it won't.