View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 02:53 PM
mnwildgophers

vCash: 500
Is it possible that the play of some of the new guys that we recently added infused a new amount of effort into the boys? Zucker didn't play much on Sunday, but he had a hell of a game on Saturday. Look at the way he got his first NHL assist. I don't know if there was anyone on our team that could make a move like that. We're going to be better next year simply because we're going to have talented youngsters that we can call up instead of Jed Ortmeyer and Warren Peters.

As far as the tanking thing goes, I'd love to see a high pick, but I am always happy when we win games. It's frustrating, but it's entertaining to see the team play well and it gives us a glimpse of the future. This year was always about the future. We're now starting to see that patience is going to pay off.

Another move that's really looked good lately is the Gilbert pick-up. His play has been better lately, this could also be a reason why we are winning more games too. He's racked up two games with over 30 minutes in each one, and had two nice assists directly leading to goals in the Panther game, and he looked great in Chicago on Sunday night.

I'm mostly excited for next year. Add another Top 10 pick into our prospect pool in which we're seeing 6 possibly 7 guys turning pro next year, we'll have depth to be able to outlast injuries, and young guys wanting to prove themselves. We have 3 games left, and let's just enjoy them and hope the team keeps playing well.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote