Thread: Tired of it
View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Neal Before Zod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Yip and Wilson rarely play these days. Toots has been like that and is his role with this team. He sure doesnt do much else besides hustle his ass off flying around.
You know as any pred fan that if you play risky in any way not the liking of Trotz you will be scratched unless you are a golden stick.

If it was not the case i think some of are guys would be a lot more nastier than they are especially with the crap they get.
I don't think fighting is risky with Trotz, per se. Otherwise McGrattan wouldn't even be on the roster.

I think fighting for no reason, or taking unnecessary penalties (like Tootoo used to do often) is what gets you in the dog house.

Shea Weber can certainly fight...and he did a lot more as a younger player. But now his value is too high for the team to want to miss 5 solid minutes of his presence. He's an important piece. So if, say Weber were to get in a fight with a much lesser player on the other team (who roughed up Hornqvist, for instance), it would end up hurting our team more.

Look at Zdeno Chara. His penalty minutes are down, too. Why? Because he knows his value to his team doesn't lie with his fighting ability.

Also, as 101st pointed out...we have Fisher. Remember last year's playoffs? He fought Getzlaf. That didn't seem to get him benched. And that was in the freakin' playoffs.

Neal Before Zod is offline   Reply With Quote