View Single Post
Old
04-03-2012, 03:28 PM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkFlyerFan View Post
Schenn's gonna be a center. I'd bet quite a bit on that. He's been taking draws for Briere. They probably wanna keep him at wing so they can plug Briere back in next week and keep the lines as close to the same as they can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
I think you're overthinking it. Schenn will probably be C over the long term, but the line with Briere and Simmonds was working with him at LW because he mostly took the down low coverage in the d-zone, effectively playing C and covering for Briere. Makes sense to leave those wingers together and throw Read between them for now.

Longer term, Briere will shift to RW and it will be Giroux, Couturier, Schenn as the top Cs, not necessarily in that order. We will all be very lucky the day Couts and Schenn push Claude to the 3C spot - that's a good team.
Yes, but since he was already taking on center duties defensively it would have seemed logical that he'd slot in as center full time with Brière out of the lineup. At least to me. I don't really think one can make any predictions for the future based on this decision, it might just be that I've wanted to see him in a more traditional center role for some time now.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote