MathMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Impossible to quantify.
Cop-out.

Quote:
Well, Lidstrom has been on much better teams that Pronger has. Would Lidstrom have taken Edmonton to the finals? I don't know but Pronger was able to do this.
Are you seriously saying that you honestly believe that a single player can singlehandedly make a Cup contender of an otherwise non-playoff team? Do you have any idea how much such a player would be worth?

Was Halak such a player, or was that a fluke but Pronger wasn't?

Seriously, you do realize that the playoffs are a small sample and that a player or team can get hot on small samples, right? Pronger is a very good player, but he's not that intrinsic to his team's success. If he were, the Flyers would have crashed by now. Pronger isn't why Pisani scored 14 goals in 24 games, or why Roloson goaled at .927 (and if he were why were, why wasn't he able to do the same thing for Markkanen)?

Quote:
Chara joins the Bruins and Thomas who's been a journeyman goalie all his life becomes a Vezina winner. Maybe it's coincidence but maybe there's more going on here than can be quantified. I know as a scout though I'd be taking these facts into consideration.
If it were me, I'd wonder why the Sens were so infamously plagued by bad goaltending during all the years they had Chara in.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote