View Single Post
Old
02-26-2006, 11:29 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
zero chance of Carter/Richards moving... however, given the presence of those two, it would make sense to believe that Umberger is moveable (he's also a year farther along contractually...). especially for a player like Jokinen that could potentially be re-signed and be around for a bit.

long-term planning, acquiring Jokinen lets you ponder a lineup with Forsberg/Jokinen as your 1/2 this year and next... depending on Forsberg's situation after that year, you would then have a 1/2 of Carter/Jokinen...

i'm curious what Potulny could potentially bring in any deal as well...
You make excellent points but then where do Carter and Richards play next year? I dont think either of these guys are moving to the wing and I think Richards is more then ready for the #3 center role next year and I think he fits that perfectly. I also think Carter/Umberger would make a good #2 if a good RW is aquired to play with them.

IMO bringing in Jokinen doesnt fix our weakness which in my mind is too many good centers that dont have wings to complement them. If we bring in Jokinen as the #2 center, who are his wingers? We already have a couple centers playing on the wing. I think this team needs wingers, not another center. I am comfortable with Forsberg, Carter, Richards next year with Handzus playing wing and able to move to center if either has a problem.

I just dont want to stunt the development of Carter and Richards and hurt the chemistry of the team. If brining in Jokinen for Umberger doesnt do that then fine, but I like the chemistry this team was showing when the majority of the team was playing.